Trouble Brewing?

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Via Ken Rosenthal:

The Marlins, unable to reach agreement on a contract extension with Dan Uggla, plan to trade the second baseman, according to major-league sources.

The team is "down the road" with several clubs in trade discussions, and a deal could happen within the next week, one source said.
I try not to put too much stock in trade rumors, because my own anxiety about possible trades does nothing to influence the outcome, so I defer the anxiety for later. However, if the Marlins do trade Uggla, within a week of trading away the two major chips received in the Miguel Cabrera trade, the Marlins may have a fan revolt on their hands.

And if the Marlins trade Uggla to a division rival (!) I will have a hard time forgiving them.

1 comments:

Barry Baseball November 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

The only issue I take with the Maybin trade is the thought that Coughlin may end up in center field. I am dubious about his range given his knee injury. Peterson? I would give him first shot and let Coughlin and Dominguez slug it out at 3rd.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP