The clunkiest description of a milestone I've ever read

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Johnson - who struck out nine and walked three - is the first pitcher with multiple April no-hit bids of at least six innings since Derek Lowe did it in 2002.
-Joe Capozzi, PBP

I liked this one better, from the Sun-Sentinel's Juan C. Rodriguez:
Johnson, who's now starting to implement a curveball into an already devastating fastball-slider-change repertoire, threw first-pitch strikes to just 12 of 26 batters and fell behind 2-0 five times. All but five of the 22 outs he recorded were via strikeouts or groundouts.
As good as Johnson's line was last night (see below), he was the first to admit he didn't have his best stuff, saying, "I actually felt better my last two starts than I did tonight. I couldn't really find a rhythm. I was kind of here and there. I felt like I was effectively wild at times. All of a sudden in the sixth inning I figured things out and things started clicking."

Pity the rest of the National League if he successfully implements his curveball into his already-devastating repertoire.

Johnson's line: 7.1 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 0 ER, 9 K, 109 pitches

See also: SWWS' pictographic summation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP