Welcome

Friday, May 8, 2009

Joe Frisaro informs us that the Marlins have called up Chris Coghlan from Triple-A New Orleans. His natural position is second-base, but I doubt the Marlins are worried enough about Dan Uggla's start to bench him at this point. Ted loves Coghlan, and would not mind seeing him take the 3B job from B-Face, but Frisaro notes that Coghlan played left field on Thursday night, possibly giving the Fish an opportunity to sit Cameron Maybin and shuffle the outfield. I'm not so sure about that move, but as the Marlins reiterated to me when I faxed them my resume after Joe Girardi was fired, they are not interested in my insights.

At any rate, he had posted a .418 on-base percentage in New Orleans, so I think he deserves a shot in the everyday lineup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP