That Hat

Sunday, July 15, 2012


Image via Humans of New York

Being a Marlins fan outside of Florida can be a bit of a solitary pursuit, so I always notice a Marlins hat. But even when I see someone in a Marlins hat, I assume they wear it for any reason but fandom. I'm not sure if this is part of an inferiority complex, or if I just overestimate the reach of 90's nostalgia (there are few things more 90's than an all-teal Marlins hat - we all had one in 1993). So instead of making baseball-related small-talk with a stranger, I silently appreciate their choice of headgear.

1 comments:

mybuddy'sexdateddontrelle,  July 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM  

try being the only marlins fan in Vancouver, Canada. I see someone else wearing a marlins hat maybe once a year so I was pretty stoked to see a dude wearing one the other day. I went up to the guy and was like "GAAAAAAAAAAAAABY" and he just kinda looked at me awkwardly. He then explained that the only reason he was wearing the hat is because people used to smuggle weed through Florida on something called a "square grouper" he had "square grouper" embroidered onto the back. I guess he was a big fan of weed, or boats or whatever, something... uggggggh

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP