We Interupt Our Regular Mets Hating

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Watching team USA from home, you feel a bit conflicted on whether to cheer or root for players of Marlins rivals. But when you are home and/or alone, it's no big deal, you can do whatever and no one really cares notices. But, when I went to the ballgame on Saturday night it was really weird. When at the stadium, you feel compelled to cheer for the team, but when guys like Derek Jeter, Chipper Jones, and David Wright come up it feels immensely wrong to clap when they are announced and wish them well. I don't mind cheering when they do something well (which none of them did that night), but giving them support before they do anything doesn't feel right.

Well, I must admit, I was really cheering on David Wright last night (from home) in the ninth inning rally and I about jumped out of my seat when he got the game winning hit. Don't worry David, once USA lifts the trophy or makes their last out, I will resuming hating you and laughing at your Mets.

Another thought, Brian Roberts is a stud. I already knew this of course, but because he plays in Baltimore (perhaps another reason I like him) we all haven't been given enough opportunities to see him play the game. Professional at-bats, solid defensive play at second base, and an all-around ballplayer, I'm glad he was added to team USA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP