Ozzie Ain't Care

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Men's Journal polled MLBers about a number of subjects for this month's issue, and apparently nobody likes Ozzie Guillen:

In the issue that hits newsstands on Friday, Men's Journal surveyed 100 major leaguers, and Guillen received 36 percent of the vote when asked to name the least respected manager. Boston Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine came in a distant second with 14 percent.
At least the dog likes Ozzie...
Unfortunately, Men's Journal has not put this story on their website at all (which is a fantastic way to make sure no one clicks on the ads on your site, btw).

Ozzie, predictably, doesn't give one fuck at all. 
"I don’t care a [expletive] what people think about me," he concluded. "I have a job. My job is to win games, and I’m going to do it my way. And if they don’t like the way I do my job, it’s easy. Fire my [butt]."
Never change, Ozzie. To be fair, he gives himself a "C+ or a D" for his work this season, sensible given that the Marlins are just a game over .500 at the moment. "I should be in first place with this ball club," he said. "I’ve got good players. I might not [be getting] the best out of them. Not yet."

Anyway, I want to care more about this story, but all it does is confirm what we already knew: Ozzie Guillen rubs people the wrong way. Shocker.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP