Hanley Don't Play That

Thursday, July 28, 2011

You knew Hanley Ramirez wouldn't keep quiet about Jeff Conine's criticism forever...

Reacting to some disparaging comments Conine made on The Dan LeBatard Show on 790-The Ticket last week, Ramirez called Conine "chicken" and vowed to replace him in the title of "Mr. Marlin."

"I think he wants to be Mr. Marlin forever," Ramirez said to the Miami Herald. "It won't happen. I'm coming, baby. I think I'm going to be Mr. Marlin. That's my goal now. I wasn't thinking about that (before Conine's comments)."

Last week after complaining to LeBatard "I think there are some nights where he doesn't try as hard as he should," Conine said he would trade Ramirez.

Ramirez didn't appreciate Conine taking his complaints to the media.

"If he's got a problem, just come over and talk to me like a man," Ramirez told the Herald. "Don't be a chicken, talking on the (radio), because whatever you say is going to stay out there."
Doubtless there are plenty among our readers who will take Conine's side on this one, and I don't blame you if you do. But you have to admit, there is no better put-down to a former player than to tell him that you will supplant him and steal his nickname. Hanley's VORJ (value over replacement jerk) is sky high.

As for Conine, clearly he has little to lose at this point (I'm not exactly sure what he does as assistant to David Samson), but the last guy to feud with Hanley was Fredi Gonzalez, and we all know how that turned out. What I'm saying is, Jeff Conine will be the next manager of the Chicago White Sox.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP